Sunday, September 22, 2013

Inspiration (Part 6)




I've been watching this Swedish miniseries about a Knight Templar. It's not all action, but it's very well done. I read in one of the reviews that it was the most expensive movie ever produced in Sweden. Not sure if that's true, but it sure looks the part. The armor, weapons and historical detail are very impressive.

I guess there are two versions. The shorter movie-fied version on Amazon and this longer miniseries on Netflix. I've been mostly focusing my viewing on the Dark Ages period. but that content is few and far between. This is so well done that I don't mind though. I just hope it doesn't lead me to going off and buying little Crusaders...

Oh, BTW, the blog hit 3k views. Thanks all! I'll be posting a few more painted levy next time around.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm? I'll check that out on Netflix! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the first part of the trilogy is yours in paperback for a tenner!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Road-Jerusalem-Crusades-Trilogy/dp/0061688541/ref=la_B001HPO9L8_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1379934716&sr=1-4
    Inspiration in one easy package!

    ReplyDelete